Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

he might ask you for more. *

We had muffins for breakfast. My boys adore muffins. Their favorite is strawberry mini-muffins. They will easily both consume a dozen mini-muffins each. Most times we have to cut Bitty off. "More muffins, peas" he will say. After the twelfth or thirteenth muffin, I end up saying no. I sometimes wonder, how many muffins fit in a Bitty?

All this talk is making me hungry for my absolute favorite muffin...my grandma's 6-week raisin bran muffins. They are super yummy. Here is the recipe.

Grandma's 6-week Muffins

1 15oz box of raisin bran cereal
3 cups of sugar
5 cups of flour
5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
4 beaten eggs
1 cup squeeze margarine
1 qt buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins (optional)
Mix together dry ingredients. Add remaining items until well blended. My grandma would add an extra cup of raisins. Store in covered container in refrigerator. It will last up to six weeks. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put paper liners in muffin tins. Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
*We love the If you give books by Laura Joffe Numeroff in our house.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home